Getting into the psyche of the great British Public is something that can really make a fundraising project take off. You have to hand it to the lovely folks at Comic Relief when it comes to being creative. After last week’s Inbetweeners Rude Trip they come up with something truly ridiculous.
We love the stupid, the inane. Just tune in to Radio 4 on a Monday at 6:30pm to hear I’m Sorry I haven’t a Clue. Well the lovely peeps at Radio 3 have come up with the Big Red Nose Show. But what’s got Twitter buzzing is that using the audience they’re planning to create the world’s largest Kazoo orchestra – check out #bbckazoo.
The event is hosted by Radio 3’s Katie Derham and of course that classical music stalwart Basil Brush (not that I’m name dropping but I have actual met Basil)! When I saw the video above it really made me smile.
Of course playing the kazoo is easy and anyone can do it. But what’s clever is that to help the event along they have a stellar line-up of stars who, coincidentally I’m sure, happen to have popular twitter accounts and spurred on today by Emma Freud.
Nice use of social media and a silly idea that engages people. I’d be amazed if they didn’t sell out and break the world record. Mind you when I said the Inbetweeners would do well they crashed their car!
No comments:
Post a Comment